CBD And Brain Health
Did you know that CBD can improve your brain health? No? Well CBD molecules are attracted to receptors in your brain that can protect brain cells, and reduce anxiety, depression, stress, and even sleep!
Are you familiar with the Endocannabinoid system? You might not be.
The Endocannabinoid system is a collection of receptors and ligands (messengers that attach to the receptors) and enzymes in your nervous system and body.
Basically, it interacts with phytocannabinoids (plant-based cannabinoids) and endocannabinoids (human-based cannabinoids) that naturally occur in your body. The ECS functions to maintain homeostasis or balance.
CBD molecules attach to or modify the activity of the CB1 and CB2 protein receptors in your body. CB1 receptors are located in the central nervous system, inside the brain, and affect functions such as coordination, pain, emotions, and appetite.
CB2 receptors are found throughout the peripheral nervous system and on many cells in the immune system that affect inflammation and pain responses.
Taking CBD can help regulate these responses to reduce anxiety, depression, inflammation, and pain naturally with fewer side effects.
CBD is just a phytocannabinoid that exerts its effects on natural receptors of the ECS in the brain and body.
CBD is able to assist in reducing neuroinflammation, reducing oxidative stress, reducing excitotoxicity, promoting neurogenesis, and improving amygdala activity. These are some of the reasons it helps with brain health:
- Neuroinflammation is linked to conditions such as depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, and epilepsy.
- Oxidative stress occurs with natural free radical aging and can result in neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
- Excitotoxicity is a natural process of cell death triggered by overstimulated cell receptors that are related to stroke, traumatic brain injuries, and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Neurogenesis is the process of new brain cell growth with the potential to positively affect memory, mood, and other cognitive functions.
- Amygdala is a small section in the brain that processes emotions.
Dr. Meredith Warner is the creator of Well Theory and The Healing Sole. She is a board-certified Orthopedic Surgeon and Air Force Veteran.
She is on a mission to disrupt traditional medicine practices and promote betterment physically, spiritually and mentally to many more people. She advocates for wellness and functional health over big pharma so more people can age vibrantly with more function and less pain.
At Well Theory, Our surgeon-designed products are FDA Registered and formulated to help people:
- Manage the symptoms of musculoskeletal pain
- Recover vibrantly from orthopedic related surgeries
- Fill the gaps in our daily diets
- Manage pain associated with inflammation
Surgeon Formulated For Your Peace of Mind
Natural Ingredients + Cutting-Edge Medical Breakthroughs.