3 Simple Ways To Improve Your Wellbeing - By Improving Brain Health
When you think about improving your health, you probably think along the lines of revamping your diet, starting a new exercise regimen, getting better sleep, and more.
“Improving your brain health” doesn’t usually come to mind – especially since many people don’t know where to begin – but if you want to improve your overall well-being that is a great place to start.
At Well Theory, we believe the brain is key to optimal aging.
As we age, our bodies slowly lose their function over time. Your brain is no exception to this rule. Losing cognitive function can result in dementia – and Alzheimer’s has been on the rise for the last 20 years.
Of course, most people experience loss of cognitive ability in less severe ways, but it can still be life-altering.
Brains are very sensitive to inflammation and as most of us exist with a state of chronic neuroinflammation, our brains are at risk of deterioration.
1. Eat a good diet. Your brain works around the clock, even while you sleep. This means that it always needs energy – so giving it the essential nutrition it needs to perform basic activities is vitally important to improving brain health.
Eat a diet rich in fruits, grains, vegetables, and seeds. These foods are antioxidant-rich, which helps your body neutralize free radicals. This is especially important as free radicals can damage virtually every cell in your body if left unchecked – leading to oxidative stress.
This state can potentially irreversibly damage your brain health. Chronic inflammation can lead to increased oxidative stress. For good brain health, you must control both of these conditions.
Read More: What Is Oxidative Stress?
Take our Brain Booster multi to improve mental clarity + enhance brain function by supporting brain cells & brain mitochondria.
Designed to neutralize free radicals, reducing oxidative stress – which helps produce crystal-clear mental clarity. The Brain Booster allows for reduced inflammatory load on the brain as well.
2. Get good rest. Restful, restorative sleep is essential for maintaining brain health and healing the damage that occurs over time. As you rest, your brain reorganizes itself, removes waste byproducts that have accumulated throughout the day, and performs other essential tasks like storing memories.
Our Tart Cherry Extract supplement is not only rich in antioxidant-rich anthocyanins and flavonols – it also contains melatonin to help promote restful sleep, so you can rest and actively recover brain health at the same time.
3. Exercise every day. Your brain is like any other organ – it needs blood flow and oxygen to function properly. As you exercise, new capillaries form, delivering oxygen to newly formed muscle groups.
Exercise also has beneficial effects on inflammation. Cognition improves with regular exercise; this is very important for brain health.
Try a new exercise routine or hobby so you can exercise your mind at the same time. Engaging your brain in new activities is an excellent way to maintain and enhance brain function.
As your brain health improves, your mental clarity, overall sense of satisfaction, and well-being will follow. Use these tips to live a life with better focus – so you can get back to the things you love!
Dr. Meredith Warner is the creator of Well Theory and The Healing Sole. She is a board-certified Orthopedic Surgeon and Air Force Veteran.
She is on a mission to disrupt traditional medicine practices and promote betterment physically, spiritually and mentally to many more people. She advocates for wellness and functional health over big pharma so more people can age vibrantly with more function and less pain.
At Well Theory, Our surgeon-designed products are FDA Registered and formulated to help people:
- Manage the symptoms of musculoskeletal pain
- Recover vibrantly from orthopedic related surgeries
- Fill the gaps in our daily diets
- Manage pain associated with inflammation
Surgeon Formulated For Your Peace of Mind
Natural Ingredients + Cutting-Edge Medical Breakthroughs.