3 Daily Habits To Boost Your Immune Health
As the seasons change, our immune systems let us know. Our immune systems can especially take a hit during spring, as we venture outside more often and come into contact with pollutants and particulate matter, especially if we live in cities or are allergic to pollen.
In addition, the time change we have when we “spring forward” can interrupt our regular sleep cycles, which impacts our overall health – including our immune health.
Here are 3 daily habits you can use to naturally boost your defenses against illness!
Your immune system is a system, and before you begin forming new habits, you should treat it as such. There are many things researchers still don’t know about the immune response, but so far the research indicates that like most bodily processes, it’s interconnected with all parts of your health and lifestyle.
- Get the right amount of sleep every day. Your body works to reduce toxins throughout your body and brain as you rest, so getting the right amount of sleep is essential for better immune health.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking puts stress on your lungs and impacts your cardiovascular system as well. There is an incredible amount of toxins in cigarette smoke: this greatly adds to your chronic inflammation and oxidative stress levels.
- Take extra steps to avoid infection, like washing your hands frequently and trying to not touch your face.
- Exercise regularly. This helps improve your cardiovascular health, floods you with good endorphins, and relieves stress. Exercise has been shown in many studies to improve immune function as well.
- Take steps to relieve psychological stress. Exercising will help relieve some of your stress, but try to work self-care into your daily routines, like meditation, yoga, or reading before bed.
Healthy immune systems need healthy, balanced, and vitamin-rich diets. Research has shown that those who are consistently malnourished, are more vulnerable to infectious diseases.
Malnourishment hides itself well; many cases are simply people with very low levels of certain vitamins and minerals – but they do not appear malnourished at all. The elderly are known for this sort of malnourishment too.
There is some evidence in animal studies that certain vitamin deficiencies, like zinc, iron, folic acid, vitamins c, e, and D3, and more – can alter the immune response. Human studies looking at infection rates in elderly populations after supplementation with vitamin C have shown great success with just this one simple change.
Thankfully, it’s possible to get your necessary and essential vitamins, nutrients and minerals from a well-rounded diet. But if you don’t like eating vegetables often or find it is impossible to eat the recommended 7-8 servings a day, you can fill gaps in your diet with a well-rounded daily multivitamin and appropriate additional supplementation.
Ideally, you should be getting all the nutrients your immune system needs to function from your diet. Your body absorbs vitamins better when they’re part of a balanced meal. But there is no harm in appropriately supplementing for an additional boost – especially during seasons where you might more easily get sick.
Our Tart Cherry Extract is naturally packed with antioxidants. Antioxidants help fight off harmful free radicals, which can impact every cell in your body – including those involved in your immune response. It also naturally contains melatonin to help promote healing, restful sleep.
Our Herbal Immunity Defense Multi is developed with clean and potent ingredients clinically proven to boost immunity. Elderberry, Echinacea, Quercetin, Schisandra, and more all work together to give your body its best shot at fighting off invaders. These ingredients work to boost your defenses against oxidative stress, decrease harmful inflammation throughout your body, boost energy levels, and more.
Many people interested in staying well during flu season take elderberry and echinacea as a matter of course on a seasonal basis.
You can win both of these supplements by entering our giveaway! Click below to enter:
Dr. Meredith Warner is the creator of Well Theory and The Healing Sole. She is a board-certified Orthopedic Surgeon and Air Force Veteran.
She is on a mission to disrupt traditional medicine practices and promote betterment physically, spiritually and mentally to many more people. She advocates for wellness and functional health over big pharma so more people can age vibrantly with more function and less pain.
At Well Theory, Our surgeon-designed products are FDA Registered and formulated to help people:
- Manage the symptoms of musculoskeletal pain
- Recover vibrantly from orthopedic related surgeries
- Fill the gaps in our daily diets
- Manage pain associated with inflammation
Surgeon Formulated For Your Peace of Mind
Natural Ingredients + Cutting-Edge Medical Breakthroughs.