Natural Sources Of Resveratrol
What is resveratrol? It is a polyphenol and a phytoalexin. Phytoalexins are made by plants to fight infection and cellular damage from things like UV radiation.
Resveratrol is a polyphenol non flavonoid compound present in strongly pigmented fruits and vegetables. What does that mean? It is a micronutrient packed with antioxidant abilities and other health benefits like improving digestion, weight management, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and neurodegenerative diseases.
With regard to brain and nerve health, resveratrol increases our levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). There are several natural sources of resveratrol, and you are most likely already eating them!
Resveratrol supports mitochondrial health in the brain. But what does that mean? It means that resveratrol “protects mitochondrial function and dynamics,” which can lead to neurodegenerative disease when impaired.
To learn more about resveratrol’s neuroprotective properties, check out our other blog: Why You Should Be Taking A Resveratrol Supplement
- Red grapes – Resveratrol is found in the skin of red grapes. It is also present in red wines and some grape juices.
- Peanuts – That’s right. They are not just a tasty snack. Peanuts are a natural source of resveratrol, not to mention peanut butter and other peanut products. They have it too!
- Dark chocolate – You didn’t read that wrong. Dark chocolate is also a source of resveratrol. Who doesn’t want another excuse to take a bit of that decadent piece of chocolate?
- Blueberries – They are also a source of resveratrol. Blueberries don’t have as much as grapes, but they are still a great, tasty choice.
Dr. Meredith Warner is the creator of Well Theory and The Healing Sole. She is a board-certified Orthopedic Surgeon and Air Force Veteran.
She is on a mission to disrupt traditional medicine practices and promote betterment physically, spiritually and mentally to many more people. She advocates for wellness and functional health over big pharma so more people can age vibrantly with more function and less pain.
At Well Theory, Our surgeon-designed products are FDA Registered and formulated to help people:
- Manage the symptoms of musculoskeletal pain
- Recover vibrantly from orthopedic related surgeries
- Fill the gaps in our daily diets
- Manage pain associated with inflammation
Surgeon Formulated For Your Peace of Mind
Natural Ingredients + Cutting-Edge Medical Breakthroughs.