6 Reasons This Orthopedic Surgeon Uses Olive Oil
Hi, Dr. Meredith Warner here –
I have a very strong opinion about olive oil. I love it and I think you should too. Here are some reasons why:
Olive oil has 6 reasons that it should be the primary fat of anyone’s diet.
- Virgin olive oil has hundreds of micronutrient constituents; these include polyphenols.
- Extra virgin olive oil has abundant phytosterols and antioxidants.
- Olive oil has low levels of linoleic acid; this is the precursor of arachidonic acid.
- There are no trans-fats in olive oil
- Olive oil has a very high content of monounsaturated fats, especially oleic acid.
- Olive oil has a lower content of saturated fatty acids.
Delve more into the science behind the health benefits of common foods – and access free recipes by visiting The Herbal Kitchen!
Basically, just about 3 tablespoons (50gm) a day of olive oil will give you the following:
- Phytosterol 100-150mg
- Polyphenol 50mg
- Hydrocarbon (squalene) 50-300mg
This is a benefit of phytochemicals not found in other vegetable oils.
When there is an imbalance in the oxidative and antioxidant systems of the body, oxidative stress happens.
The oxidants, or reactive oxygen species (ROS), are produced during normal bodily functions and soon overwhelm the cells. The outer walls of our cells are destroyed by the ROS and systemic damage occurs.
Oxidative stress will increase the arachidonic acid cascade of damaging chronic inflammation.
Read More: 5 Signs You’re Experiencing Oxidative Stress
This combination of increased inflammation and oxidative stress is the reason that there is so much cardiovascular disease and other lifestyle problems.
Due to its abundance of phytochemicals, olive oil is antioxidant by itself. In my opinion, it should be the primary fat of our diets.
Dr. Meredith Warner is the creator of Well Theory and The Healing Sole. She is a board-certified Orthopedic Surgeon and Air Force Veteran.
She is on a mission to disrupt traditional medicine practices and promote betterment physically, spiritually and mentally to many more people. She advocates for wellness and functional health over big pharma so more people can age vibrantly with more function and less pain.
At Well Theory, Our surgeon-designed products are FDA Registered and formulated to help people:
- Manage the symptoms of musculoskeletal pain
- Recover vibrantly from orthopedic related surgeries
- Fill the gaps in our daily diets
- Manage pain associated with inflammation
Surgeon Formulated For Your Peace of Mind
Natural Ingredients + Cutting-Edge Medical Breakthroughs.